London service office address

Newly formed limited companies are required, by Companies House, to provide both a registered office address and a service address. The former is your company’s ‘official’ address, and the latter is an address why which third parties can communicate with your company’s director. The two addresses can be the same (this is quite common), and businesses operating from home often put forward a director’s residential address as the service address.

These addresses can either be the same or different, however both will be displayed on the public register. That’s where our London service office address can help: to keep your, or your director’s, details private and confidential; helping you to separate work from home along the way.

What’s more, registering a City of London address as your businesses service address will create the impression of a company that is growing in heart of London’s tech city — a prestigious boon for any young business.

registered office address

Will I lose my privacy if I start my business from home?

The short answer is no, not if you register a third party address as your registered office and/or service address. If you provide your home address as your business’ service address, your director’s details will not appear on the public register: stopping unsolicited junk mail and helping them separate home life from work. Plus, you’ll reap the benefits of appearing prestigious via our city of London address.

We will forward on any official correspondence we receive on your behalf, making sure you don’t miss a beat.


Why do I need to register with Companies House?

When setting up a business, you have two options: to register as a sole trader, or as private limited company. There are two primary differences between the two. The first is that a sole trader is, effectively, you — you’re personally and completely responsible for any debts the business may incur. A private limited company, on the other hand, frees you from personal responsibility of business debts — the only money you risk losing is what you put into the business.

The second relates to tax. A sole trader must pay income tax and national insurance on their profits, whereas a private limited company only pays corporation tax.

Sole traders, therefore, are only required to register with HMRC. Private limited companies reflect a different business structure however, and therefore must be registered at Companies House.

Learn more about which could be best for you.


What will I get from you?


  • Prominent premises

    Our office in the City of London gives you a respected, and well-recognised address for the register — supporting your businesses with a framework for improving its authority and stature.

  • Keep your home address private

    Do you want the details of where you live to be available to the public? Adding our address to the register will help you separate work life from home life, as well as keeping your privacy protected.

  • Official mail forwarding

    We will forward all your businesses correspondence onto you anywhere in the world, with all Companies House and Inland Revenue mail sent completely free of charge.


Companies House require both a director’s residential address and a service address, which can be the same.  However, the service address is listed on the public register and many individuals prefer to list somewhere other than their home.