Proof of ID and address requirements
We are regulated by the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Amendment) Regulations 2019 (AML) and London Local Authorities Act 2007 which means we must identify and verify the customers’ ID and address including that of certain shareholders, who form a company or take registered address services.
We will perform an electronic check to verify our customers’ ID from the information you have supplied for the services applied which are subject to AML.
For those small number of customers where the electronic ID check does not pass, our ID service team will ask for further information and/or ID evidence documents for acceptable due diligence.
The forms of identification:
Proof of name:
- Copy of current valid passport
- Current valid UK or EEA photocard driving licence
- Residence Permit issued by the Home Office to EEA Nationals
Proof of Address:
- Utility Bill (gas, electric or water bill within the last three months)
- Council Tax bill for the current tax year
- Mortgage statement from a recognised lender issued within the last 12 months
- Bank Statement (or Building Society) issued within the last three months
- HMRC self assessment or tax demand letter
If our ID Service Team needs to ask for ID or further due diligence information, they will let you know the names of those we required it from. The AML requires us to verify the following:
- Anyone named as the directors
- Anyone who purchases a company formation package (including those who are not the named director or shareholder) and/ or a registered address service, and certain company secretarial services, e.g. transfer or issue of shares, etc.
- All shareholders who own over 25% of a company or LLP.
- If the director or shareholder is a corporate entity, we apply the same procedure to each entity (to identify the controlling individuals)
For International Customers and those who fail our electronic ID Checks, we have an ID provider who can provide a mobile service to digitally certify and send us your proof of ID within a matter of a few minutes.
Our ID Service Team will arrange to send an invite with easy instructions for this additional digital verification service; the additional costs for this service is set out in the terms and conditions and will be explained by the team, should it be required.