Why use a formation agent
The reason for using a formation agent to register your business is simple: it can be more cost effective and just as quick as going directly to Companies House. When you use a formation agent they will also seek to provide a simpler online process with more professional guidance and help with added services after your business has been incorporated.
The benefits of formation agents in a nutshell:
- Professional service from a team carrying out hundreds of company formations every week.
- Faster, more accurate results with everything done on your behalf.
- Significant savings – a postal application can cost around two thirds more.
Added benefits of choosing The Formations Company
- Approved by Companies House to set up your company on your behalf.
- A free Barclays Business Current Account with £50 cash back from us.
- No hidden extras – your Companies House registration fee is included.
- Easy to use online service with all of your formation details and documents stored in one place.
- Secure information exchange with a DigiCert SSL certificate so you can be confident that your data is protected.
Register your own business from £9.99
Check out our helpful links
Our simple process
Find a name for
Choose the bundle that's right for you
Fill in a few details and we'll do the rest
What our customers think
- Set up a basic Limited Company that’s ready to trade and choose anything else you need as extra.
- An easy way to set up a company that’s ready to trade. Plus, your official printed certificates.
- Your official certificates & company register. Plus, a registered business address, FREE for 3 months.
- The hassle and risk-free option for getting started and growing your limited company.
- Starter plus a comprehensive SME legal documents and credit score build & monitor service.
The Prime Minister has confirmed to raise national insurance contributions by 1.25% to help fund the NHS and an overhaul of social care, but what could this mean for business owners? ...Read More
Ready to have your company set up?
What is a company formation agent?
Formation agents perform company registrations in partnership with Companies House. We’re one of the largest, and also the cheapest. We don’t just get your company registered then leave you to it – we use our experience to help you start your business properly. There are plenty of reasons to use a formation agent rather than go directly to Companies House. If you ask us, though, the best thing is that we go through the whole process with you, and get your application submitted securely online. We provide expert advice on the legal hurdles while you incorporate, and recommend good quality solutions that you might need after you’ve formed.
What’s the difference between sole trader and limited company?
Think of it this way: when you form a limited company, you put a protective shield between you and your business. Being a sole trader is the opposite – you have no protection. As a sole trader, you are responsible for any debt you might come into while you’re in business. When you register and become the director of your own limited company, you have less personal responsibility. The benefits are that you can claim back expenses, and add to your salary with dividend payments at the end of the year. For more information, see our Help Centre article about limited companies and sole traders.
How do I register a company?
Easy, we’ll do it for you. Check out our formation bundles to learn more about our different products. They start at £9.99, and go all the way up to our Super bundle. Limited company formation is a straightforward business if you’re as well-versed with the process as we are. If you’re not sure where to start, check out our company formation guides for an introduction and some insider tips.
Why The Formations Company?
We’re dedicated to British business, and love nothing more than seeing new companies flourish. 750,000 UK companies have trusted us to help them register, and we have thousands of happy customers who’ve seen how simple the formations process can be. We’re cheaper than going to Companies House directly, and cost less than most accountants. Our online application is incredibly simple, and if you’ve got all your documents handy it shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes to complete. So what are you waiting for? Start your business today.