As well as setting up your registered business address, which is visible to the public and where all statutory documents from Companies House and HMRC will be sent, your company directors are required to register either a private address or a service address to which any official correspondence relating to the business will be sent.
Directors’ addresses are also available to the public and for this reason many choose not to list their private address, instead setting up a service business address to protect their home from unsolicited business enquiries.
Things to consider when setting up your service business address
- Your service address can be anywhere in the world.
- It can be a residential address or a business address and you can use the same address as the registered office address if you prefer.
- This is where all official post relating to the company will be sent to the director.
- The service addresses of each director are available for all to access on the public register.
- Companies House must be informed of any change of service address. This can be done by completing a CH01 form (change of particulars for director) through the Companies House website.
For further information head to our help centre.